Im thinking about trying out joomla, I did notice tho, when I preveiw joomla themes here..they load very slow..and twice I got 404s ..this continues all the way down the list, yet the WP themes pop right up. Is this why it is not as popular as wp? am I wasting my time to learn it?
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Community Moderator
- Author was Featured
- Item was Featured
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
I don’t know much about Joomla, but there are a lot of factors that go into how fast a site loads. Probably the most prevalent is simply the power of the server the site is hosted on. Most likely the WordPress themes you viewed are just hosted on better servers, or perhaps are using caching programs.
My guess is that Joomla is a bit heavier, since it’s a more robust CMS – but it shouldn’t affect load times significantly on a properly configured server. But I don’t know of any detailed analysis on that.
That makes sense, I remember a few WP themes that were moved because of this, it can really hurt sales on its debut. Im sure impressed with what can be donwe with joomla, now I’m just searching for some good tut vids of the back end. Very curious to see what its like to config.
Thanks for the reply
OK… 7spark… A server hardly has any influence on page load time. You should really not give advice if you aren’t an expert. A server might load a page slower if it was under heavy distress—maybe running at 90% CPU or worse.
This might account for less than .5% of servers that people would pay $10 a month for.
So load speed is about bandwidth
- and remember this is from webserver to carrier to your hosue - not just carrier to you. If you think the server side PHP is making your page run slower then you need to get another provider.