• Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says

The Windows users just couldn’t stay away even though this only has to do with Apple users. You didn’t really choose a Mac if you still use Windows so why even look and then better yet, reply to this thread? That’s how every thread turns into a Mac vs. PC argument.
I admit I haven’t read the whole thread, so maybe I missed some heated argument in the middle somewhere…but this actually seems like the most argumentative comment I’ve seen so far. Up til this I just saw a few people discussing differences pretty civil-like without any real problems, a couple IE9 bashes, a few jokes…thought everyone was doin pretty good actually…

I’ll admit it’s better than normal but I wanted to point out how the argument start before it started and everyone became too angry to realize. :-P But to my defense, the topic really didn’t call for any Windows comments at all so it could have been even better.

Healthy discussion though. Not bad. :)

On topic: I’ve used every Windows OS since Win 95 so I’m very familiar/experienced with the… well… “Windows experience”. I’ve had built and built myself custom machines with the latest hardware at the time of compilation and frankly, it was always the same. I really think the bottleneck was always the OS and the inconsistencies the OS created because it tried to accomodate support for a vast array of hardware which in my opinion, is its downfall.

This is where Apple comes in. Since they make both the hardware and software, it works in harmony. It’s intuitive, fast, pleasant to use, and beautiful to the eye. It makes you WANT to use it. I made the switch a little over a year ago and I could not be more satisfied even to this day. I still think it was worth every penny. I even upgraded the HDD to an SSD and upgraded the RAM as well which would honestly be the extend of my upgrades to a Windows rig as well (sure as hell not going to buy a new processor every year). And after all this, my MBP ’s specs are still enough for Diablo 3 coming out in May even though I had absolutely zero intention on playing video games on it (that’s what my Xbox 360 is for!).

Since then I have switched from my Android device to an iPhone and loved it ever since. Even bought an (2012) iPad but it didn’t quite click this time as I really have no use for it but I’m looking forward to what Windows 8 tablets have to offer so I’m not completely Apple-biased. I’m biased towards tools and gadgets that make my life easier, more pleasant, and are more fun and efficient to use, that’s all. Apple just happens to tick all those marks most of the time… there’s a reason why they’re the most valuable company in the world and growing!

1612 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+5 more
DaniMun says

I’m looking forward to the day I won’t have to wait a full minute for Photoshop to open on an i7, 8GB RAM , SSD machine… Windows is just so filled up with hardware compatibility, that it can’t focus on a single task – speed. This is my biggest problem with MS.

D.I., you’re joking, right? i7 + 8GB RAM + SSD doesn’t quite equate to a 60-seconds Photoshop startup time. My Windows rig has an i5-2500k quad-core, an OCZ Vertex3 SATA 6gb/s SSD , a Z68x-UD3H-B3 Gigabyte mobo, and 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz. You can watch here how long it takes for Photoshop CS5 64 -bit to start up on my setup :)

Back on topic: as many have already mentioned, I also own and love what’s best of the 2 words, that is, a Windows plus a very capable Mac rig as well.

1991 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
+4 more
bitfade says
22:28:12 up 1254 days
linux ofc
1612 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
+5 more
DaniMun says

^ of course :)

243 posts
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
deiby says

Regarding start up time, I know a few settings in PS that make it load really really slow. Cache tile size being too high comes to mind. That makes my PS load go from seconds to minutes. Ram should be set in the ideal range, not at 90%+ or it hurts some too I believe. Just trying to help. :)

24 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
jenglot says

I love PC and Wacom Cintiq 24HD (dream not come true )

900 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

Windows 8 is pretty fast so far, waaaay faster than 7. Can’t wait for release!

3744 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

linux ofc

The people who manage your electricity connection should be proud, also.

3652 posts Community Moderator
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

I planned to write a post here, but I’ve decided against getting involved. Instead, I’ll leave you with a link to Microsoft’s latest IE9 commercial, for your entertainment. :) (Yes, this is an actual commercial) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DbgiOCTQts
Bahahahaha, you sure this isn’t made by Apple? :D

Definitely. They’re actually airing this stuff. And the website they mention actually exists and contains IE9 propaganda :sarcasm:

linux ofc

How can you possibly be running an up to date system without reboots every now and then? Doesn’t an OS update require you to reboot, or hasn’t your distro updated in the past 3 years? :P

1991 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Won a Competition
+4 more
bitfade says

How can you possibly be running an up to date system without reboots every now and then? Doesn’t an OS update require you to reboot, or hasn’t your distro updated in the past 3 years? :P
nope, that’s just windows crap.
linux updates only require a reboot if kernel related and you never ever ever update kernel if all is working and there are no security issues to be fixed.
by
by
by
by
by
by