1736 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

To be honest if you cant see whats wrong with it now, its gonna be a long time before you get approved.

+1

They said to have a lok at the other sites (...) and some not as good as mine.

NEVER go with this attitude!

I’ve spent money on Envato sites and expect some respect, not a quick sending off of a scripted email.

Hopefully the spending of money on Envato sites has never been a criterion.

Sending an e-mail (being scripted or not) is actually what reviewers need to do (approve or decline), that’s their job. Anything more than that is a good will, the fact you have been told to look at the other templates deserves a “thank you” and means the reviewer actually wants to help you. It’s not his job to teach you design, and you definitely need some more experience.
We have great reviewers in here and they are doing their job fine. :)

If you are a good developer, better look for a partner designer to team up with.

P.S. Just take some time and relax, rejection can be annoying.

474 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
UKFilmFestivals says

Yeah, I need to mellow out, have a fag (UK style) and start over.

238 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
ewizz says

Ok, so once again I ahve had a theme turned down by Theme Forest, and I just don’t get it.

This is my WordPress theme: http://yournews.moonworks.co

A simple theme to use for a news site, but I’m told the quality isn’t high enough.

There are oodles of options, no need to ever enter the code as it is all there in admin. I even wrote a 7 page user guide (the last theme that was turned down was a 16 page user guide and 150 dfferent options).

They said to have a lok at the other sites on here to get an idea of the quality they are looking for, there are some better than mine and some not as good as mne. So what is their point?

I’ve spent money on Envato sites and expect some respect, not a quick sending off of a scripted email.

5-10 minutes to check a theme, is that really long enough? They tell me it is.

what about footer? most of designers make footers these days :D

1736 posts
+2 more
VisualSharing says
607 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a blog post
+10 more
Siddharth Envato team says

A few quick notes since I’m the reviewer who handled this theme and I think this information needs to be public information:

1. The themes that are approved, at the bare minimum, have average looks paired with excellent features or average features paired with an excellent look. There’s no place for below average in both sections.

2. Even if you provide some new, super-duper, god slaying feature, I’ll still be looking for a certain level of aesthetic quality. A theme is a marriage of form and function, design and code. Without this balance, you’re heading for a rejection.

3. Looking at other approvals is a solid idea and I stand by it. You’ll notice what works and what doesn’t. You’ll get inspired, at the very least.

4a. Whether you’re a Envato buyer is irrelevant in the grand scale of things. If I started considering that, that’d be incredibly unfair and unethical.

4b. And no, this isn’t a matter of whether you’re a successful author or not. Even veteran authors get rejected, just not that often.

5. About the 5-10 minutes to check the theme. We actually do spend time looking through a theme to see whether the other half [code] stacks up. In this case, sadly, no.

6a. For the record, we’re only required to approve and reject themes. Anything else we do is to encourage and grow the community. Most authors whose work I’ve reviewed will note that, if a theme is salvageable, I’ll always provide very specific feedback to make it happen.

6b. If a theme is close to being approved, we will tell you what’s holding it back. Otherwise, we don’t. We receive hundreds of submissions a day. Providing each author with information as to what will get it approved is impractical.

7a. No, our job isn’t to teach design basics to aspiring authors. There are literally millions of resources on the internet. Google and patience are your friends. No one has become good at something over night.

7b. Questions about what would make your theme ‘unique’. These are unintuitive and counter productive.

Carpe diem, my fine authors. :)

1148 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fillerspace says

@Siddharth

Thanks for the insight into the reviewing process!

238 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
ewizz says

i am always high enough

1736 posts
+2 more
VisualSharing says

i am always high enough

474 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
UKFilmFestivals says

Didn’t see page 2, oops.

Let’s face it, we hate rejection. After looking at things, and taking the advice of people who wrote on here, I saw that I need to work on things a little more.

I’ll be workign on some things and then submit it when it meets with the standards given above by Siddharth (thanks for the info).

by
by
by
by
by
by