46 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Belgium
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Blaxus says

So recently I have been on several great sites. Among which Smashing Magazine and CSSTricks.

And the reason why I keep coming back to these sites is not only because they have great articles. But they are really easy to read.

I love the Fonts that have bigger and wider text (optional), and going back to other websites with smaller Fonts. I find myself wishing they did have bigger Fonts. Smashing Magazine is a really great example of easy to read articles.

Anyway, I am well aware that there are some designs on Themeforest with proper use of typography. But also improper use. (inside images which is bad for SEO purposes etc.)

Like I said before I find it easier to read with bigger text and was kind of disappointed that some author’s designs which to have just plain old 10px-12px text for content yet nice typography titles.

And Typography specific themes are often a bit bald on design, apart from the Typography itself, which makes me a bit sad.

I am not knocking on anyone’s designs either, I am simply trying to state that I would be very interested in buying themes that incorporate good typography with design and that have readability in mind.

Because not all typefaces are the same, Which sizes are the best is a choice I’ll leave to the designers.

Anyway, I simply thought I would share this thought with you guys, and I would love to see more really good designs incorporate bigger typefaces. I am also aware that it may be just a preference. But at least now you know what I will pay for. And I’d be interested to see if there are people who share this opinion.

There are a lot of great designs, why not make yours stand out even more right? If there are Authors that are willing to do this on their next design then I would love to follow said authors.

46 posts
  • Belgium
  • Exclusive Author
Blaxus says

Really? No one? ok for the TL;DR people,

Basically, I would love to see bigger font sizes in paragraph text on Themeforest Designs.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

why not just edit the p tag in the css to increase to your specific requirements? I know it doesn’t address some of what you mention but you stated that the designs are great but fonts too small for your particular liking and that this is a prerequisite for your purchase when all you need to do is simply edit the css?

Jonathan

46 posts
  • Belgium
  • Exclusive Author
Blaxus says

Of course I can do that. But isn’t the point.

If Themeforest Authors rather just make whatever they like then be my guest. I will not stop you. I was just making some suggestions for some more variation in Themeforest Files.

895 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Smartik says

A big part of wordpress themes have the option to change the font size via admin panel for titles, paragraphs, buttons and so on… So, this is not a problem. Anyway like @jonathan01 said, you can edit it from css file in a few seconds, and that’s all. Cheers. :)

46 posts
  • Belgium
  • Exclusive Author
Blaxus says

Ah that makes a lot of sense, I try to buy the HTML Designs instead I’m not a big fan of Wordpress.

• Elite Author
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Of course I can do that. But isn’t the point. If Themeforest Authors rather just make whatever they like then be my guest. I will not stop you. I was just making some suggestions for some more variation in Themeforest Files.

you sound rather fierce in your reply – mine was just a simple suggestion for you as I don’t feel this should be a deciding factor for purchases when altering the one thing such as paragraph font size really is super easy – just a suggestion….. dang.

Jonathan

46 posts
  • Belgium
  • Exclusive Author
Blaxus says

@Jonathan01 that wasn’t my intention. Sorry about that.

There is a lot of thought that goes into to design right? If I just go ahead and start making it look like the way I like it without knowing anything about design, well then it’s going to be a circus.

Designers design, I Don’t design… I purchase. That’s just the point I was trying to make. That’s all…

• Elite Author
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

I absolutely agree with your points – but a great design should not look awful if you increase the font size from 13px to 16px (or whatever) – I guess that was my point :)

Just for the record also, pre made themes that sell on a micro site will probably never be 100% perfect for each individual case – a good designer will tell you also that if you want a fantastic end result then you should have it created from scratch to hit every target on spot. Of course I understand that most clients don’t have those budgets and hence we have wonderful $40 themes but even if you aren’t a designer and don’t like making changes a good move forward is to get in with a good coder / designer who can alter a theme within an hour or so and have something that is a much better result for you – passing that cost on to a client isn’t an issue.

Just food for thought.

Jonathan

46 posts
  • Belgium
  • Exclusive Author
Blaxus says

Hmm, never thought about it that way. I guess I’ll rather just re-invest my Codecanyon sales into my websites and have proper designs rather then premade ones.

by
by
by
by
by
by