Does anyone know of any great resources on learning Object Oriented PHP (including interacting with databases, etc)..
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Community Moderator
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Author was Featured
- Item was Featured
- Won a Competition
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
Check out tutsplus
1. This is the best book I have found: PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice, Third Edition, 2010 by Matt Zandstra
2. Then find videos on youtube for related topics.
3. Ask questions on a good forum like Stack Over Flow.
4. Read articles and tutorials like mentioned above.
6. Download a few PHP frameworks and study the classes. Monsters like the Zend Framework will give you years worth to munch on.
7. Use a framework to learn MVC (useful if you want to work with or for companies who require MVC Pattern)
8. Finally, the PHP OOP manual is an invaluable resource (sometimes). http://php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.php
Very good advices and plan to get started with OOP . The tuts examples are pretty good for beginning and start getting the idea of OOP .
Then after that you have complex (not so complex actually once we try and get how they work) but powerful OOP design patterns (Singleton, observer pattern…). Here is a link to get an idea.
For advanced programmer.
Video Series by JeffreyWay : (better and cheaper option ) http://marketplace.tutsplus.com/item/-objectoriented-programming-in-php-videos-14/122845
Hope that helps.