Anyone used – or built – a plugin to deal with the dead urls after migrating to WP?
All current urls are like domain.com/categoryname/121212 or domain.com/pagename/categoryname/121212 with the last part to be the unique id. I’m thinking to create an additional field to posts table and transfer the ids. After website migration the pluging should be called from the 404 page, extract the last part of the dead url (number id), query the wp database to match the numbers and redirect to the new url.
Any advice is appreciated!
- Exclusive Author
- Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
- Referred between 500 and 999 users
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
I wish i can help you but i don’t understand what do you want to do Btw. From what CMS are you migrate to Wordpress?