The design I uploaded was rejected
The reviewer said:
This File Requires Some Improvements / Fixes.
Here are a few improvements you might consider making before resubmitting.
1) Overall template typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest.
2) Your template has a good start but, as we have high standards, you will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics and aspects such as typography, graphics, and spacing.
The problem is I don’t know what’s wrong or missing. Contacted the reviewer and he hasn’t replied yet.
here’s the design:
- Smiley – The Ultimate all-in-one Business (Light)
- Smiley – The Ultimate all-in-one Business (Black)
- Smiley – The Ultimate all-in-one Business (Web 2.0)
Any advice? What do you think should be improved?
The color schemes are a bit far off. Some of it (the color) seems alright until you get to the pagination for the slider with that Windows NT green color. If you’re going to offer different color schemes, make sure all your elements fall into that scheme. Details details details.
In every case, the “As seen on” block’s background color looks both wild and flat at the same time. I’d lose it altogether or use the concept to display other information relevant to the user.
The typography is a bit bonkers – especially the nav at the top. In some cases the typography gets washed out by its container’s background color/texture (see the header and the numbered elements in the footer in the light theme for an example)
I’d read up on font stacks, and check out Adobe’s Kuler for some ideas on color. Re-think the content you are displaying here and ask yourself if its really necessary, and if it is, if there is a better way for the user to receive that information on the screen.
I hope this was helpful. If you’d like a few more resources on some of these topics, let me know and I’ll go digging around my bookmarks folder.
IMHO : you’re using different fonts for headings – not very good in terms of usability.
Thanks for your time and advice buddy. I’ll keep them in mind. I’m now browsing kuler
Not a problem. Happy revising and best of luck with your resubmission!
I don’t like Droid Serif, I think Georgia is much better font.