I´m wondering if this is actually allowed according to the license terms (I don´t seem to find any hint on that, though):
1. If I create a custom song for one of my customers (non-exclusive) – is it allowed to sell this piece of music here on audiojungle as exclusive author after my customer has got the song from me?
2. It´s not allowed to showcase a track I offer here on audiojungle as exclusive author without watermarks elsewhere. Of course, a customer buying this track may use it in videos for the web without watermarks. So what if I want to use one of my own tracks offered here for my own video (let´s say I want do create a promotion video for myself where I want to use a track as background music (or main music)) Well, I could buy my own track and should be allowed to use it this way, but that would be quite absurd, right???!!!
So any hints are really appreciated!
Thanks a lot! Marco
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author was Featured
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
- United Kingdom
1) My interpretation would be yes – that’s OK – so long as your ‘exclusive’ item is not offered for sale with any other website/agency during the time it is on Audiojungle.
2) Interesting thought – but my guess would be that’s it’s fine to use in your own projects – again so long as it’s not available to others elsewhere.
Having said that, I can see that there must be some grey areas. If I was approached by a shady character in town who said “psst…I need a ‘one minute lullaby-type piece of music’ – and I had an exclusive item on Audiojungle that fitted the bill – that would seem fair game to do a deal behind a lamp post – however, if he said “You’ve got an (exclusive) item on Audiojungle’ that I’d like you sell to me – that (in England parlance) would not be cricket.
Thanks for your thoughts!
I´ve also sent a support request with these question – let´s see what they answer.
My guess is also: “yes” in both cases – but you never know…
just wanted to let you know that I got an answer from the support:
So for 1: No, that´s not possible! (I could remove the item from audiojungle and then sell it – that would be okay)
2: No problem to use a track for self promotion (since I´m not distributing/selling the music)