• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
graphicmind says

I accidentally clicked on the wrong sub-category when uploading one of my items. Its been approved and now I want to change the sub-category.

Should I contact support about it? If so, what issue should I select in the drop-down list for “Your Issue”?

OR should I edit the item with a message to the reviewer?

Thanks for any help!

1603 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+8 more
PatrikL Reviewer says

You can simply edit the category by going in under the Edit tab, not sure if it requires a review but if it will, it’ll get reviewed soon enough :)

933 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
graphicmind says
PatrikL said
You can simply edit the category by going in under the Edit tab, not sure if it requires a review but if it will, it’ll get reviewed soon enough :)

I don’t see an option to change the category. I see the other stuff like description, layered?, graphics files included, minimum Adobe CS version, pixel dimensions, print dimensions, files, tags, but not category.

1603 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+8 more
PatrikL Reviewer says

Sorry, my bad! Mixed things up a bit :P

Under Edit, scroll down to “message to reviewer” and write that you wish to change category and make sure to write which category/sub category you would like the item to appear in and hit submit for review and we’ll take a look at it asap!

933 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
graphicmind says
PatrikL said
Sorry, my bad! Mixed things up a bit :P Under Edit, scroll down to “message to reviewer” and write that you wish to change category and make sure to write which category/sub category you would like the item to appear in and hit submit for review and we’ll take a look at it asap!

Okay, thanks!

809 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
YD-LABS says

Sorry, my bad! Mixed things up a bit :P Under Edit, scroll down to “message to reviewer” and write that you wish to change category and make sure to write which category/sub category you would like the item to appear in and hit submit for review and we’ll take a look at it asap!

Hello Patrik,

I did the same but nothing helps. One of my item (icons) they are in “characters” category. I don’t think thats the right category. May be my mistake. But now I want to change them in this category Home \ Files \ Icons \ Miscellaneous. I already sent a message to reviewer.

What to do?

933 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
graphicmind says

Hello Patrik,

I did the same but nothing helps. One of my item (icons) they are in “characters” category. I don’t think thats the right category. May be my mistake. But now I want to change them in this category Home \ Files \ Icons \ Miscellaneous. I already sent a message to reviewer.

What to do?

For my item, I sent a message to support and they changed it. I don’t think the other way works.

by
by
by
by
by
by