One of my item is currently weekly popular (starting from 28th November 2011) due to its debut last week. However;
- I have only received one sale this week.
- The item has not received any buyers’ rating.
- The item was sold 15 times in debut’s week.
- Only two buyers contacted for support, I have provided them remote-desktop-sharing support and text-chats and resolved their issues promptly. I have even asked them to consider rating the script, but I do not see any feedback as of yet.
- My item is under PHP Scripts > Form, named reForm – The AJAX Contact+ Form.
I am curious to know, what should I do or do not to increase sales?For example;
- Ask envato to consider my item or myself (being author) featured for week? I guess, envato select item or author themselve, unless there is some way to apply for review-for-being-featured
- Not an option: I would never ask someone from my friend’s and family circle to purchase this item, and give feedback, I am trying to play fairly and wanted to earn genuinely.
Sales fluctuate a lot. Some weeks an item will sell a lot, some none at all. Just be patient and let it run its course
Social media is also a great way to advertise your item.
Yup. The best way to earn money is to advertise. What Envato provides is a base to sell your item, however, they are not responsible for solely driving traffic to your item. My sales were very poor, then I released a few new items and because of that, sales have been great (and I don’t advertise so I don’t make as much as the big guys do).
As mordauk suggested, social media is your best bet. Utilise twitter for something useful (other than mindless chatting…Urgh…) and sell your product
Envato have setup your stall, but can you draw the customers in with a good pitch?
Social Media has power, but the problem to my solution is another problem. Create genuine followers over Twitter or friends over Facebook. Basically, I want to generate my followers/friends via Envato.
Thanks for suggestions.