So finally integrating a Mac into my workspace – my wife is picking up a new iMac from someone off Craigslist for a sweet price as I type this.
Any good, recent links to tools/apps/howtos on setting up a solid web dev environment? Curious what you all use…
get mamp textexpander textmate coda CSSEdit tweetie appzapper (to remove apps) Querious
All you need is Coda
Congratulations, and I too recommend Coda. It’s the best! I use AppCleaner to remove apps, never tried AppZapper.
TextMate, and I guess MAMP .
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Envato Staff
- Community Ambassador
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Was featured in a podcast
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
Congrats! It’s doubtful you’ll regret the move!
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Bought between 1 and 9 items
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Item was Featured
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
I know the feeling, it’s great isn’t it? (I got my first something like 3-4 weeks ago)
I highly recommend Coda & Espresso as your primary code editors, MAMP for local projects, Adium and Skype for chatting, 1Password for saving passwords, and Transmit for a FTP software.
I also use Cleanmymac for erasing softwares, cleaning my mac and so.
hey chrisfay! you might want to take a look at http://mac.appstorm.net/ where you can find lots of good reviews and articles.
Also, the guys are just right, you can get Coda or TextMate, CssEdit, Transmit FTP , Kaleidoscope, Alfred, Cleanmymac, 1Password, MAMP , Espresso, Snippets, TextExpander, Skitch, etc.
Perfect, thanks everyone so much for the guidance – I am crazy excited about setting it all up after work