I have six drives with a variety of things on them, and I’d like to be able to just take a look at a list of their contents if possible.
Is there a way to create a text file from the contents of a drive?
I’m not worried about sizes or dates added, I just need to have a hierachy list, showing what is on the drive and in which folders ont hat drive.
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Item was Featured
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
dir /b > file.txtwill dump a list of all files from the current folder into a txt file. Unfortunately it doesn’t have a recursive option. But it’s enough to let you start Googling
Thanks, that’s a great start and the boss (aka fiance) will be happy as she volunteered to type it all by hand.
And, of course, on the Mac, you’d want to do something like
ls > saved.txt