181 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
FWDesign says

Yes that is some strange issue from their canvas, we could not figure it out, initially we added video support too but guess what, ti is working on every browser except safari LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL , fail APPLE !

1991 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
bitfade says

The code is more compact if xml is used plus if there is some sort of bad setting the user will be notified. In my opinion this is a better choice.
that’s not questionable but, unlike flash, buyers would be highly surprised (not in the good way) to find out they’d need to edit a separate xml file for the configuration.

i’ll be the last person on earth to prize ios devices but to be honest, after last 5 update, canvas performances on those devices are much better than android and hw accelerated transform can run at 60fps.

problem is, you need to rework code to take advantage of those features.

4136 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

YEP you better minify this and fast…..

p.s.

i dig the XML there but like the mafioza man say HTML buyers will break your balls on this

5278 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

Great work FWDesign :)

i’ll be the last person on earth to prize ios devices but to be honest, after last 5 update, canvas performances on those devices are much better than android and hw accelerated transform can run at 60fps.

+1 Flash animation runs better on Android for me. And iOS compared to Android for animation is no contest. But maybe Android ICS is still working out some bugs.

btw, I built this the other night because I was feeling nostalgic, and was amazed to see it only hitting 1% of my CPU . The player must be accessing my GPU now right? Man…if only we had that before :/

http://www.blazethefire.com/
3058 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
wickedpixel says

No, XML in this case only complicates things. Reading the content with jQuery from html is way more easy. With XML you have another file to handle, another thing to teach the buyers and more to code and debug.

4136 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

was amazed to see it only hitting 1% of my CPU . The player must be accessing my GPU now right? Man…if only we had that before :/
http://www.blazethefire.com/

Basically yes this start from vs 10.1 but it up to your GPU Drivers, most new machines (year old or so ) no problem there, this will be apply even for smartphones if they can handle HD Flash video.

181 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
FWDesign says

There is no point pushing flash anymore, in my opinion is a waste of time, adobe is trying to transform it into a gaming platform or something but this will not work, it will become some wired and complex, exclusivist platform, adobe forgets that the power of flash was us web developers not game developers…, everybody knows that flash is much better then html5 actually they can’t be compared, flash is amazing, html5 is pain and torture for a developer and is not even close to the capabilities of flash…

Anyway this are old news is time to let go and move on.

About the xml we will see, we are still thinking as flash developers:)...

5544 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

If you are about to upload the file, it is ideal to make everything editable as html/css/js and not xml.

99% of buyers will expect CSS /Js based customisation. Nice work btw!

181 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
FWDesign says

Ok I see that everybody is for css, but this is a canvas component we can’t add css rules to it… it can work it we set our own css selector and I think this will make more confusion.

488 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+3 more
pixelentity says

Ok I see that everybody is for css, but this is a canvas component we can’t add css rules to it… it can work it we set our own css selector and I think this will make more confusion.
use html5 “data-” custom attributes, like data-layout=”preset1”
by
by
by
by
by
by