5479 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Thanks KingDog.

Perhaps give us , the members that is some forum for suggestions and feedback in this respect, constructive or otherwise to have our voice so to speak.

5375 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Thanks KingDog. Perhaps give us , the members that is some forum for suggestions and feedback in this respect, constructive or otherwise to have our voice so to speak.

Totally. While it’s not official, Q&E set up a feature request area here – http://envato.ideascale.com/

I have it bookmarked and monitor it regularly.

5944 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I know what you mean VF. We had some pretty major Marketplace expansion with PhotoDune last year which left less time for our other projects. With no new Marketplaces planned this year, our Dev department will be going full tilt on critical projects. Our big Kuala Lumpur meeting is coming up in less than 2 weeks and I plan to arm wrestle the devs until I can get a rough idea of how things are shaping up for this year :)

Thanks, an another answer would reduce some burden for us. Is there any chance in the future to ban/restrict using external support channels for items?

5375 posts
  • Located in Canada
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Thanks, an another answer would reduce some burden for us. Is there any chance in the future to ban/restrict using external support channels for items?

I will certainly ask. Having everything contained within the Marketplace would certainly make things much easier for authors.

5944 posts
+8 more
VF says

Thanks KingDog.

5944 posts
+8 more
VF says

I will certainly ask. Having everything contained within the Marketplace would certainly make things much easier for authors.

So far no guidance / answer; so it is obvious that I should just go for external support channel with the assumption that it will not be a problem in the future. Personally it is a huge risk as well as no-reverse decision to maintain consistency on buyer relationship with future items.

The only relief I see is this is the way many of the Top sellers managing in ThemeForest; so hopefully there will be no restrictions in the future. I was more concerned about this thread – Custom iFrame header which pointed a sign of possible sudden policy changes and in case no authors complains, any sudden restriction looked like a possibility here.

Btw, this could be my last response in these forums as already invested too much of time complaining and to make sure reliability on my future upload / investements that takes months of time.

5375 posts
  • Located in Canada
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Heya VF. I did kick the idea up the chain and actually talked with Jordan about it just yesterday. And while we’d love to introduce all of these great features, we just wont have the development time available until we ramp up our team. And that’s something we’re currently doing.

I realize it sounds like you’re not being heard or your talking in an empty room, but we really do take your comments and suggestions seriously.

We could probably hack together a Support area, but it would likely frustrate your buyers more than it would help. I’ll ask again about it and maybe get a Dev who would know a lot more about it than me to come by and update us :)

5944 posts
+8 more
VF says

Sorry KingDog, I was occupied more of your time. (As a coder, I expected that at some time, Themeforst and Audiojungle will have different kind of comment sections, it doesn’t going to happen). There is no point in pressing them with these kind of requests; if they have no time or resource, that means there is no time and resource for these kind of additions. Thank you.

by
by
by
by
by
by