I believe you can export to .psd and it should work the same.
Not including the .psd wont affect sales that much, especially if the colours of the template customised without having to edit the source png/psd.
dpthemes, thank you for that express their opinion … I really appreciate it … But I’m not sure that you are competent in this matter. More ideas?
I’m not sure who you expected to get ideas from, maybe you should list what would make someone competent enough to answer your questions!
Maybe a link to your site?
You can be sure that the reviewers do not show favouritism to older authors, you just need to make your theme awesome!
At the end of the day, no amount of features will get a theme approved if the design isn’t up to scratch. A theme with a good design and 1/4 of the features will get approved.
I’m guessing this is the template: http://www.startis.ru/limitless ?
A few comments:
1) The contrast is quite poor and difficult to make out the different sections at a quick glance.
2) You need to tighten up the spacing, its quite uneven at the moment; take a look at the Flickr photos on the homepage.
3) The menu looks out of place, as well as the search bar
4) To be quite honest, the design isn’t really any different to the standard Column+Slider layout. (Striking), except there is some noise and patterned lines
No, you can’t use them without permission. An file was taken down a while ago after the guy who runs the desktopography site complained
I recently purchased the Studio Box Premium Theme 9 in 1 ($35) from Theme Forest. I’m having problems transferring the correct zip file to my themes folder in Word Press. I understand that I must not transfer the entire Studio Box zip file but rather only the theme file selected from the Studio Box folder.
My question is what IS the theme file I’m looking for???? I have tried the CSS folder to no avail.Thanks much!
This is the public ThemeForest forum, as we don’t have access to the files it is difficult to tell you exactly how the author has created their download package. Usually when you unzip the main download file, there should be another .zip file inside. You can upload that file to WordPress and the theme should install correctly.
The best person to ask is the Theme Author, either via their profile page, or in the Item Comments
I think that even if you were to make the changes you listed, it would still be hard rejected again.
In terms of features, you might be okay because of the AJAX loading, colors, shortcodes and stock galleries.
The reason your theme was rejected is the quality of the design doesn’t meet the stringent ThemeForest guidelines. Just to point out a few things:
1. The header image looks very uneven and unprofessional
2. Gradients on buttons and other sections is too heavy and feels dated.
3. Buttons don’t look great. Maybe you should think about changing the button color, rather than just the text color on the separate color schemes. Magenta on black is barely readable.
4. Not all the contact form fields are styled.
5. Slider Arrows are too big in my opinion
6. Overall Typography needs improvements. The margins need to be fixed.
This is by no means a complete list, but hopefully you can get an idea of some improvements you could make.
An extended license does NOT allow you to use the theme multiple times. Instead it allows you to use it in a WordPress MU installation, for example you were running a network of sites with different subdomains. (net.tutsplus.com, psd.tutsplus.com <—You would need the extended license)
For a site template (HTML only) you could use the extended license in a software package or a web service.
From your post it seems that you just want a theme for your blog, in that case the Regular License should be fine.
Congrats on the theme and good luck with sales!
For every update, you don’t have to upload the thumbnail and screenshots unless you change them. Eg. version number.
Your current item will still be for sale while the review process is going on. Generally update reviews are a bit quicker but it does vary. You’ll get an email when the review is completed. Not had an update rejected so not sure what would happen.
Mine from ebay still works and does 1920×1080. No problems, but if Alex has experience with that same adapter maybe you should try a different one.